Rose Performing Arts For Children And Families
The Rose Theater is committed to enriching the lives of children and families through live theater and arts education.
- The Rose Theater is home to the Omaha Theater Company – the only resident, touring, professional theater company in Omaha and one of the largest in the country!
- The Rose is accessible to all children. No child is ever turned away for economic reasons. “Pay-what-you-can” evenings are offered for most productions. Thousands of tickets are given to area youth-serving charities year after year.
- Live performances are shared from two stages at The Rose Theater: the main stage and the intimate Hitchcock Theater. The national tour (when on circuit) visits roughly 50 cities each year, offering over 115 shows.
- Professional actor/educators offer classes in theater, directing, musical theater, singing, dancing, and more. Children ages 4 to 18 are welcome.
- The Rose has produced a number of world-premiere shows including Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters, The Wolf and Its Shadows, Where the Red Fern Grows, and The Little Engine That Could and has worked with renowned playwrights including James Still, Mark Medoff, Y York, Joe Sutton, and Robert Bly.
- The Omaha Theater Company was the recipient of the prestigious Sara Spencer Artistic Achievement Award from The Alliance for Theater and Education (the primary national organization for professional children’s theaters in the U.S.) in 1990.
Rose Performing Arts For Children And Families is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media